Brittney France, Ph.D.
Marriage and Family Therapist, Registered Intern #75628
Brittney France, Ph.D. is a therapist who works along side Dr. Shapiro. Dr. France completed her Doctorate in Marital and Family Therapy (MFT) from the University of San Diego in 2016. She is a registered Marriage and Family Therapy Intern under the California Board of Behavioral Sciences. In addition to general training as an MFT, Dr. France has several years of specific interest and experience in working with adolescents, adults, and families of those struggling with Anorexia Nervosa, Bulimia Nervosa, Binge Eating Disorder, and Other Specific Feeding and Eating Disorder (OSFED) (previously called Eating Disorders Not Otherwise Specified (EDNOS)).
- Prior to working with Dr. Shapiro, Dr. France has worked in several prestigious and cutting edge eating disorders programs around the nation. She began working with Eating Disorders in 2007 at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Western Psychiatric Institute and Clinic, Center for Overcoming Problematic Eating (COPE). At the COPE inpatient eating disorders program, Dr. France facilitated eating disorder groups and supported patients during meal time. In order to develop strong research skills in eating disorders, Dr. France then took a research position at Duke University Medical Center, Eating Disorders Program, as an assistant researcher in a variety of family-based research studies for adolescents with eating disorders. Most recently, Dr. France worked at the UCSD Eating Disorder Treatment and Research Program conducting groups, providing individual therapy, and supporting patients during meals.
- Services offered include:
- Family Therapy
- Individual Therapy
- Group Therapy
- Accepts some insurance plans as in-network
- Low Rates, Sliding Scale, Evening and Weekend Hours
- Dr. France can be reached at: 619.825.0499 ext 8 or Brittney@DrJenniferS.com
Tiffany Haug, MS, EDOC
Tiffany Haug, MS, EDOC, provides nutritional care to individuals with eating disorders, including anorexia nervosa, bulimia nervosa, binge eating disorder, as well as those with diagnoses recently included within DSM-5, such as otherwise specified feeding or eating disorder (OSFED) and avoidant/restrictive food intake disorder (ARFID).
Her expertise includes providing nutrition counseling and guidance to clients with eating disorders and supporting them in their journey towards a more intuitive, trusting relationship with food and their bodies. Tiffany is passionate about supporting the family members and loved ones of clients, given that eating disorders affect the whole social circle of the sufferer.
Tiffany moved to San Diego from the Chicagoland area in 2016, and completed the final portion of her supervised practice hours for her dietetic internship program. Tiffany has completed a Masters in Science in Nutrition and Dietetics as well as a Certificate of Graduate Study in Eating Disorders and Obesity (EDOC) from Northern Illinois University-the only graduate certificate of its kind in the nation. Within EDOC, Tiffany completed 12 additional graduate credit hours of course work pertaining to the study of nutrition, psychology, family studies, and body image in specific regards to the prevention and treatment of eating disorders and obesity. Prior to moving to San Diego, Tiffany gained experience working with individuals and family members of those with eating disorders at the Linden Oaks Hospital Eating Disorders Program in Naperville, IL. At Linden Oaks, Tiffany assisted in providing nutritional support and guidance to patients at the inpatient, partial hospitalization, and intensive outpatient level.
- Tiffany can be reached at: 619.825.0499 ext 9 or Tiffany@DrJenniferS.com
Office Manager and Billing Specialist
- Raquel provides administrative support to Dr. Shapiro and staff, as well as insurance and patient billing.